Friday, December 16, 2005

stressed and depressed=(

Sometimes I do wonder if I could have learnt German a little more diligently, or perhaps I should have taken a year of language course again after all...But deep inside I guess I know that it wouldn't have improved my current situation in any way.

It is tough to contribute to the discussions, even with preparation beforehand, and when I did not have time to prepare stuff beforehand, I can't follow the stuff at all. Perhaps it is just due to the stress from this week, but sometimes I do have doubts about my present capability. It is times like this when you wish that mom was here, so that you would have a leg to cry on, instead of trying to hide your tears while pouring your heart out to a machine in the lib. Enough self-pity. Disgusting.

It has to be the lack of sleep=)

But truly, you wouldn't have chosen this path if you had thought that it would be easy. Good things in life are never easy.


ON a brighter note, I held my presentation on Singapore this Wed and it was good. Touched me to see so many of my classmates and friends in the room, coming to support me/hear about my home. I guessed I realised that this ppt on S'pore was more important to me that I thought: It is not only the homesickness part, but also the part of me that thinks, "hey, you can do something well, give yourself a pat." I know overcoming the language barrier takes time, but does it always take so MUCH time, energy and effort?

Suddenly, I realise all I want for Christmas is to go home.

No comments: